The payment, budget, accounting, cash management and internal audit functions of the Ministry of Shipping is with the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts. The organization comprises of the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts, Controller of Accounts, Deputy Controller of Accounts, Under Secretary (Budget), Section Officer (Budget), Principal Accounts Office, Pay and Accounts Offices located at Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Kolkata and Port Blair
The organizational setup of the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts is responsible for the following major tasks:-
- Making payments to the Ministry and Subordinate/Attached Offices, Public Sector Undertakings, State Governments, Autonomous Bodies, Societies and Associations.
- Collection, accounting and budgeting the receipts of the Ministry of Shipping.
- Preparation of monthly accounts , Annual Appropriation Accounts, Statement of Central Transactions and their submission to the Controller General of Accounts, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. Preparation of Annual Budget including the Performance Budget and Coordination with the Ministry of Finance in the budget process during the year.
- Monitoring/disposal of all the audit paras and observations made by the Comptroller and Auditor General (C&AG) of India in its annual reports (civil and commercial) and in the general inspection reports.
- Coordination with Monitoring Cell, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance for the 'Action Taken Note'.
- Monitoring disposal of all the audit paras and observations coming under the purview of the Public Accounts Committee and other Parliamentary Committees.
- Internal Audit/Inspection of the accounts of all the wings of this Ministry.
- Preparation of Management Information System (MIS) Reports based on accounting, budget and audit for submission to various authorities.
- Rendition of advice on financial and accounting matters to various units of the Ministry.
- Implementation of Voucher- Level- Computerization in the Pay and Accounts Offices.
- Implementation of PFMS for compilation of accounts in the Principal Accounts Office.
The "Annual Accounts" of the Ministry of Shipping in the shape of the Statement of Central Transactions, the Appropriation Accounts, and the Finance Accounts are complied and rendered to the Controller General of Accounts, (Department of Expenditure), Ministry of Finance. Computer generated monthly expenditure figures are also furnished to all the divisions of the Ministry to facilitate monitoring the pace of expenditure on various programmes and schemes. The monthly compilation of accounts has already been computerized in a phased manner, while other items of work like payments etc. are also at the advanced stage of computerization.
The Budget Division under the Principal Chief Controller of Accounts is involved with preparation of the detailed Demands for Grants relating to the Demands of the Ministry and preparation of the Performance Budget. It also coordinates the preparation of replies to the observations of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C & AG), the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and the Inspection Reports.
|1||Statement of Receipts and Expenditure for the Year 2019-2020||Download(13.75 KB)|
|2||Statement of Expenditure (Grant wise - Major Head Wise) for the Year 2019-2020||Download(12.84 KB)|
|3||Statement of Receipts for the Year 2019-2020||Download(15.38 KB)|
|4||Statement of Object Head Wise Expenditure for the Year 2019-2020||Download(13.06 KB)|
|5||Expenditure as on 30 June 2019||Download(23.49 KB)|