- Administration Section
Administration Wing is headed by Joint Secretary Administration who is assisted by Deputy Secretary Administration and Under Secretary Administration.They supervise four Sections viz. Establishment, General Administration, Cash and Parliament.
The Establishment Section is entrusted with the service and administrative matters of 299 regular employees of (Group A, B, and C) of the Ministry of Ports,Shipping and Waterways. It implements all administrative orders issued by Department of Personnel & Training, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, Ministry of Finance, Union Public Service Commission, Central Information Commission, Central Vigilance Commission etc. It also handles the Internal Complaints Committee on sexual harassment, grievances of women employees relating to sexual/ gender based harassment. Under its RTI Cell, Ministry of Ports,Shipping and Waterways has appointed/designated CPIOs & Appellate Authorities in the rank of Under Secretary and Deputy Secretary/Director and equivalent respectively.
- General Section
General Administration of Ministry of Ports,Shipping and Waterways handles seating arrangements of the Officers/ Staff, providing office equipment, furniture, telephone facility, photocopier machines, computers, air conditioning systems etc. It arranges vehicles, newspapers, cleaning of Office areas and the Departmental Canteen
- Cash Section
1. Preparation of Salary Bills including DA arrear, Leave Encashment, Tuition Fee, HBA advance, OTA and Salary Arrears bill through PFMS and E-payment of all bills.
2. Maintenance of Pay Bill registers (PBR) and other Accounts Registers relating to Receipts and payments.
3. Receipt of Cheques from other PAOs regarding transfer of GPF, processing of GPF Advances/withdrawals bills thereof and maintenance of GPF accounts. Preparation of Annual GPF statements
4. Processing of various bills regarding procurement through GEM/offline bills and processing of e-payment. Making cash payment to officers/staff from imprest Money.
5. Preparation of TA Bills (Domestic/Foreign) and processing for e-payment.
6. Preparation of Leave Travel Concession (LTC (Home Town/All India) for advance and final settlement through e- payment.
7. Issue of Last Pay Certificate (LPC) in respect of staff transferred/on retirement. Preparation of DCRG, Leave Encashment, Group Insurance Scheme and Commutation of Pension bill on superannuation/voluntary retirement.
8. Recovery and online submission of Licence Fee, and sending of Licence fee and Correspondence with the Dte of Estates, Nirman Bhavan.
9. Preparation of Medical reimbursement bills and RTI application fee, TA contingent bills various Heads of accounts.
10. Calculation of Income Tax, filling returns and issue of Form 16 to Officers/staff
11. Disposal of RTI related matters and Audit and settlement of audit objections.
- Parliament Section
1. Parliamentary work pertaining to receipt and distribution of notices of Parliament Questions, list of Starred/Unstarred/Short Notice Questions etc., preparation of sets of answers to Parliament Questions and delivering them to Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha Sectt.
2. Monitoring of Parliament Assurances received from Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs. Uploading of IR/extension of time of Assurances on Online Assurance Monitoring System (OAMS). Matters raised under Rule 377 of Lok Sabha, Special Mentions in Rajya Sabha – compilation and updating thereof.
3. Work relating to various Parliament Committees/ Parliamentary Standing Committees.
4. Distribution of list of business pertaining to Ministry of Ports,Shipping and Waterways in the Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha during the Session period to the O/o Hon’ble Minister/Higher Officers on daily basis.
5. To convene meetings of the Consultative Committee attached to this Ministry and Coordination of the work connected therewith.
6. To keep track of Legislative Proposals (Bills), their compilation pertaining to this Ministry.
7. Work relating to various types of statements by Hon’ble Minister in the Parliament pertaining to this Ministry.
8. Arranging Sessional Passes for officers for Parliament. Arrangement for Passes officers for the various meetings of Parliament.
9. To deal with Parliamentary matters other than above received from Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Sectt. and Min. of Parliamentary Affairs.