Secretary (Ports, Shipping, and Waterways) is assisted by an Additional Secretary, Senior Economic Adviser, Joint Secretaries Adviser (Satistics), Development Adviser (Ports), and other officers at the level of Directors, Deputy Secretaries, Under Secretaries, other Secretariat/Officers and staff.
The Finance Wing is headed by Special Secretary & Financial Adviser who assists in formulating and processing all policies and other proposals having financial implications. The Special Secretary & Financial Adviser are assisted by a Deputy Secretary (Fin.), one Assistant Financial Adviser/ Under Secretary(Fin.), one Under Secretary (Budget), other Secretariat officers, and Staff.
The Accounts side of the Ministry is headed by a Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts who is inter alia responsible for accounting, payment, budget, internal audit, and cash management.
Adviser (Satistics) renders necessary data support to various Wings of the Ministry for policy planning, transport coordination, and economic & Statistical analysis on various modes of transport with which the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways is concerned.
The following Subordinate/Attached officers, Autonomous Bodies, Societies/associations, and Public Sector Undertakings are functioning under the administrative control of the Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways.
- Subordinate/Attached Offices
- Autonomous Bodies
- Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Authority
- Paradip Port Authority
- Visakhapatnam Port Authority
- Chennai Port Authority
- V.O.Chidambarnar Port Authority
- Cochin Port Authority
- New Mangalore Port Authority
- Mormugao Port Authority
- Mumbai Port Authority
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Authority
- Deendayal Port Authority
- Inland Waterways Authority of India, Noida.
- Tariff Authority for Major Ports, Mumbai
- Indian Maritime University
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Shipping Corporation of India, Mumbai.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited, Cochin.
- Central Inland Water Transport Corporation Limited.
- Hooghly Dock & Ports Engineers Limited.
- Sagarmala Development Company Limited
- Sethusamudram Corporation Limited